Motherhood - One month in...

Monday, July 13, 2009

So far motherhood has been much tougher than I had even anticipated.  The first nights in the hospital I thought I was being so smart by feeding Peep and then letting her go to the nursery. I would be refreshed and ready to take on anything when I got home.  HA! 

I hadn't anticipated recovery from birth, a fussy baby who did not go to sleep at night, and a lot of difficulties nursing that resulted in anxiety and stress...  

But at Peep's two week check up her doctor recommended the book, Happiest Baby on the Block and I just happened to have the DVD from a friend.  We watched that and with swaddling we now had a method for soothing a fussy girl.  I recovered from childbirth and started getting out exercising (with my lovely supportive family) and my energy started to return.  And I'd love to say that nursing became easy for us, but that is just not the case, however, we are coping with that...

Still it's not easy...  I find myself tensing at the slightest peep afraid that she'll wake up.  At which I wonder, why am I afraid?  I know what to do to calm her (feed, burp, change, bounce, repeat, repeat in reverse order, feed, change and so on and so forth!)....

Right now the little angel is napping...  Who knows what the day will bring.  I just hope that I'm up for the challenge.

1 comment :

Moody Girl said...

Oh honey, I can totally relate! I went through the same things. It does get easier :) I miss you!!