Thumps and Bumps - 18 wks 4 days

Monday, January 12, 2009



So I realized middle of last week that I'd been feeling the baby move all week. I get lots of thumps down low on my belly and a few near my belly button. I thought the first movements I felt would be more subtle but some of these thumps are hard enough I can feel on the outside with my hand. It's quite sporadic so far and I haven't been able to time it so that Hubs can feel it yet.

Babycenter says: Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead.



I just ordered two belly bands from CutieFruity! I can't wait to get them because just last week I hit the point where I can't button my jeans anymore and I have to loosen my belt to sit at my desk. Then every time I get up I have to tighten my belt or give everyone quite a show... :)
CutieFruity's gotten a lot of good reviews and her belly bands are very inexpensive at $10 each, can't wait to try them myself!

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

oh my CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SUCH WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!! its really going to be an awesome year for you!!!!! gosh, your kid is gonna be sooooooo blessed.... will you find out the gender or not? when are you due? maybe if i read your blog more often, i'd know :( so sorry but thanks for stopping by and sharing the AWESOMELY WONDERFULLY BEAUTIFULLY HAPPY NEWS!!!!!